Naturally, it is not necessary that you have hectares or a super huge courtyard, let alone have a large amount of money in the bank.
With just a balcony and desire, you can make your own urban garden; grow your own vegetables, vegetables, or whatever you want, and be able to wear with pride to the table what you’ve done with your own hands.
The benefits of riding an urban garden
Create your own garden at home is an experience that everyone can enjoy, and a small luxury that not many can have.
To others, the benefits it provides the urban garden at home are many. We have food every day, our self – esteem grows with plants, creativity will be in the care of the garden, and you ‘ll be in touch with nature.
As we see, it gives us many benefits have urban garden , we will give you ideas to think own urban garden , and you can use those spaces are empty and lifeless, and cultivate your own food ecologically, and most importantly with little money you will do what else do you like.
The diversity of orchards that there is infinite therefrom vertical, large, or small, and there are also pendants and all of them can grow your fruits or vegetables for your salads. The construction of these gardens is very easy and even can recycle everyday materials or objects you no longer use to give life to your garden, it’s a great idea for your bolillo to the environment and to decorate your home
We propose ideas to undertake the project and can have your own urban garden, which would bring joy to your balcony and in your dishes, leisurely enjoy the process.
A green lung in the corner of your house will be the center of attention, and not dwell, let’s start:
Depending on the space you have in your house, we’ll give you two ideas:
- Horizontal garden: this you can create by placing pots next to each other as if it were any ornamental plant.
- Vertical Garden: This mode is to place different floors. The pots can perform yourself /recyclable plastic bottles.
Steps to make a beautiful urban garden
- Choosing the perfect place: either a window or balcony garden can become an orchard, the important thing is that the place is lit, facing south, so take advantage of the maximum of sun.
- ¿ What we plant? If you do not know where to start, we recommend that you undertake for the simple crops that do not attract pests or diseases, crops easy handling, and short cycles. For example. Lettuce, garlic, onions, and beets are the most appropriate; Choose plants seasons, these are a good choice, too if you want to combine plants, flowers can harmonize with vegetables, some are pest repellents.
- Containers: This will also depend on the size where it will be located in your garden, and you can create them yourself, for seeds can use the empty egg cups for seeds, can then transplant them to a stronger matero; you have to choose flower pots of different sizes. The depth of almost everything you can plant would be from 7 to 16 cm. This can be, eggplants, squash, beans, corn, cucumbers, the bottom is filled with water, do not leave out the nutrients and air. The heavy pots but is better than plastic as these respect the temperature. The important thing is to have a good drainage system.
- The substrate. A must in our garden and very convenient. The finest organic substrate is compost. It contains manure and forest waste; it stores water and nutrients to grow healthy our plants and is lighter than common ground.
- How to pay: Sea sutra to or land for summer crops like peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, consume a lot of nutrients, and must feed the earth and be aware of it, it is best to add humus to prevent the substrate and if this it is caked, otherwise it is best to replace it with a new one. Worms can each season adding irla not be changing the substrate, of course, depending on the number of roots that have the pot, as we have explained.
- How to Water: a fundamental key to success and a beautiful garden. The frequency and excess as the defect cause many diseases in plants, for it must have adequate water management according to the needs of our orchard, drip irrigation is a great notion for them; depending on your crop and season, you can use the technique of mulching to have some moisture in your garden if it warrants.
- Pest control: in this case, you must be very aware of your garden, so you can detect any pests and possible diseases of our plants. If an insect, aphids, or common larvae in the garden appears, it is normal that many resorts to any chemicals such as insecticides.
- Before beginning this project, you should consider planting seasons, and once determined, prepare for a little adventure, healthy and ecological.
The advantages and benefits of urban gardening at home:
- You get vegetables and vegetables with excellent flavor.
- Learning experiences and you’ll get will be free.
- The fun and share with your family, you’ll be unique.
- You ‘ll save a lot of money to buy food.
Do not be discouraged if you have space in your home, or do not have a giant playground, put your creativity to work and use your home to give life to spaces that do not use.