The lawn is also called grass or grass, are several species of grasses growing in various parts of the world (temperate, tropical, subtropical) and are grown for different purposes as may be mentioned for sports caches and paisajismos in cities and houses.
To understand how to plant grass and keep it in good condition, good care and maintenance are required. Ideally, you should have dedicated several days a week to supervise.
In the phase of planting the grass, it is vitally important to consider the quality of the grass, vigor, nutritional, and phytosanitary conditions, depending on their resources.
Should be strict irrigation and good fertilization plan with natural fertilizers: For example, the vermicompost is an excellent choice for fertilizing the grass and plants at home.
The use of chemical pesticides in the crop of grass must be minimal and is being replaced by biological products that are friendly to the environment and have no residual effect.
Standards before starting cultivation Lawn
Before starting, the cultivation of the grass should be taken into account several aspects to perform the work properly and avoid possible problems with new investments to acquire new inputs such as grass, fertilizer, tools, and substrate (ground).
- Remove weeds within the chosen substrate.
- Disinfect with ammonium land and nearby areas.
- Make preventive insecticide application contact.
- Choose a recommended purchase nursery were the grass.
It is necessary to develop a plan of fertilization adapted to each type of grass, to supply more nutrients or elements needed by plants in the proportions that these need them, whether they are rooting stage or vegetative development.
At first crop lawn, major requirements are:
- nitrogen (N),
- phosphorus (P),
- potassium (k)
- And irrigation water is essential. Especially early time of day that solar radiation is higher.
You can get five times more income if fertilizers are dissolved in irrigation water and are supplied according to the requirements of the selected grass. This allows for obtaining good results in the growth of the grass.
Pest and disease on the lawn
To achieve the lawn, develop fully, and obtain good yields, we must have controlled biotic competitors among which we highlight:
- We need insects for insecticide
- Mites for those who need miticides
- Fungi and bacteria for which need fungicides
- Weeds that need for herbicides
How to care Lawn properly
To keep in good condition, the lawn must take into account several aspects to look good and not have to return to reseed the lawn irrigation problems or lack of essential nutrients.
The following describes the necessary guidelines:
- Pruning: It should regularly cut or mowing depending on the variety of turf chosen and the season (summer, winter) it was planted. For example, if it was planted in summer, you will need a little more water to survive properly.
- Irrigation: Irrigation is important for proper growth and maintenance of turf. There must be a constant source of clean water throughout the year. You can install a simple irrigation system, depending on their means.
- Fertilization: The fertilizer should be applied regularly to the lawn because it needs large amounts of nutrients such as potassium, sodium, and nitrogen to grow properly. There are several types of fertilizer we recommend.
- Remove weeds: Weeds are plants that grow along the turf to compete for nutrients and solar energy. Must be removed manually or with special herbicide use. If your lawn has too many weeds should contact professional garden maintenance. So you avoid having to change all the grass in the future.
- Aerating roots: Grassroots need to breathe and absorb as much water as possible. To promote this, you can use a rake to make small holes and fill them with soil. This will allow the roots can take the water and energy of the fertilizer.
- Disease Control: You must cross the lawn to observe a color change or areas that do not receive much water.
Safety rules for how to sow Lawn
- Wear suitable shoes when performing maintenance grass
- No smoking before touching the grass, if you smoked wash hands with soap before handling bluegrass to avoid transmitting the virus snuff mosaic (TMV).
- Make daily trips observing coloration and development of grass
- Remove weeds and other noxious plants for grass
- Wear gloves when maintenance of the grass are made
- The last and most important are the phytosanitary or biosecurity measures, which is to use the healthy lawn to avoid having to change soon!