- In the sunniest part of the particle,
- As much as possible away from roads,
- Far away from tall trees and hedges,
- Sheltered from strong winds,
- If we confine the woods, as far away from it,
- Nearby we install a water system.
- First, we check the conditions on our particle – where there are shadows, the wind, the duration of the snow, where water accumulates.
- The position is suitable for the garden where the sun shines at least six hours straight.
- The files in the border must go from east to west for even illumination.
- The orchard size must be adapted to our possibilities and our needs (for a family with four members 30 square meters are sufficient for a good supply with fresh vegetables, about 60 square meters is enough vegetables throughout the year, on 100 square meters we can plant potatoes, asparagus and more).
- When a lawn creates a vegetable garden, we do it in autumn or winter. We eliminate the grassroots and other vegetation also remove larger stones.
- The garden must also be made of the accumulation, which should be in the shade and not too near the vegetable garden.
- The width of the flowerbeds must be such that they can work from a street (about 1.2 m, maximum 1.5 m).
- The width of the street between the beds must be at least 40 cm.
- Wooden planks are not suitable because they are hidden beneath the snails.
- Birds, hedgehogs, ladybugs, and other natural predators are welcome the orchard.
- The orchard there is no place for the hens because they destroy earthworms usefully.
- They also welcome the marigold plants, marigolds, and nasturtiums – help in case of diseases caused by fungi and chase away vermin.
- Against the snails help the onion, garlic, white mustard, nasturtiums, marigolds, sage, thyme, and mulch elder or woodland fern.
- The organic matter in the soil needs to be replaced, so the best thing is the vegetable compost the waste and uses them again.
- If you do not know the characteristics of the earth, we can help with analysis conducted for us by agricultural-forest institutions.
- The soil must be quite acid, which has enough organic matter, nitrogen, phosphorus, and other micro and macroelements.
Ortho combination with fruits and vegetables:
- The part with fruit sprayed with spray drift must be far away from the garden with plants.
- We are careful that the fruit trees do not give shade to vegetables.
- Garlic and onion chase away the mice and voles by tree roots.
- Lamb’s lettuce and spinach chase away ants carrying lice.
- Raspberries grow well next to beans and peas, but seeds can not be planted in the same place every year.
- Near the fruit trees, it is also advisable to plant herbs.
Techniques Special gardening
Gardeners can inquire and try some of the following gardening techniques:
- vegetables on the balcony,
- greenhouse vegetables,
- permaculture ortho,
- biodynamic gardening,
- high flower beds,
- flower beds or terraces
- the vegetable garden as an ornament.