Most current products are growth regulators and pheromones, this allows a good development and protection of products, whether industrial or food destinations.
Insects, mites, or disease; etc., which attack crops, plant protection products protect agriculture large losses. If you are not protected, these crops are cereals, fruits or vegetables will be reduced by half.
This product has been conceptualized as a substance of several components created in order to remove any insect, rodent, or bacteria, which is against public health and is threatening the crop that is commercial use; these products are pesticides or those responsible for regulating the growth of crops.
For good crops, plant protection products are essential for proper and healthy agricultural production. Have invested over 6,300 million dollars each year, with the aim of creating new plant protection products are effective and beneficial for both human and environmental consumption.
Classification by source of plant protection products
They are classified according to their synthetic or biological origin as being protecting crop or pest to be controlled.
Plant protection products according to scope
- Fitosanitarios: used for pest and sanitation, to counteract weeds and unwanted organisms in areas that have not been planted.
- Livestock use: for animal use.
- For use in the food industry: everything that has to do with food and treatments.
- Environmental use: This product is used for disinfection, in transportation, business, etc.
- Personal hygiene: personal products.
Plant protection products according to their affinity
- Insecticides: These products fight insects.
- Herbicides are used to monitor and control weeds growing with the crop.
- Nematicides: eliminate nematodes, and other insects, pests, and soil diseases.
- Fungicides: fight the fungus.
- Bactericidal: fight bacteria.
- Molluscicides: to remove slugs and snails
- Rodenticide: combat rodents.
Consequences of the use of pesticides on crops
Overuse of these products can have an impact on the ecosystem, which can reduce biodiversity, these plant protection products if they are combined with other products are fertilizers, can cause a decrease in nutrient ecosystem, also, if unknown detail the correct methods, such as applying pesticides can cause damage to the health of those who handle the product incorrectly. This can occur if not properly instructed, who is responsible for doing the work.
Diseases and sequelae such as genetic disorders, cancer, reproduction, and death, also are among the most serious effects of improper handling of the product, severe, slight or fatal clinical pictures can occur; As for the first stage, it is difficult to have a quick and safe diagnosis of any poisoning.
If not used properly, this product phytosanitary addition to this, poisoning can occur in foods final production, generating mild or severe the consumer if the product is not used in proper amounts of damage.
Acute symptoms that may occur include: Dermatologic, neurological, eye, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, acute allergic reactions, spontaneous gestational abortions, among other not very specific symptoms; symptomatology, intensity, the effects on the central respiratory system and peripherals are present, certain pesticides can cause damage to mucous membranes and skin penetrating the body, and its effects can be, conjunctivitis, bronchitis, burns, among others, the internal organs they can intoxicate especially liver and kidneys.
As we see the consequences can be from mild to severe, to know the damage that can generate these plant protection products, you should read the recommendations and be aware of future damages that may cause such product. Use them wisely and make proper use; it is necessary not to affect health.
Use crop protection products
These products scientifically have been tested before being used for employment in agriculture, so they do not occur any altercations due to misuse or handling any person operating the plant protection products must be properly and strictly trained, always following the product recommendations and instructions.
- The first is to read and understand the instructions embodied in the labels.
- You have your team’s excellent condition.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Use hidrorrepelente apron.
- Wear neoprene, resistant to tears, and protect the forearm.
- Rubber boots resistant.
- Head and facial protector.
- Lenses acetate.
- The product must be used with water before use to detect any leaks.
- Calibrating or keep track of the amount of pesticide used.
- Be aware that no children are nearby.
- Non likewise sprayed, applied or sprayed the pesticide back to the wind.
- Look for the source of the problem you want to control.
- Apply searching for the source of the problem to be controlled.
While these products do not jeopardize public health, the state will allow commercialization and only pesticides that are useful for pests. Safe handling of pesticides involves the safe and proper use since it is created until use, providing clear indications for use and caution.
active substances in plant protection products
Most are dangerous to humans products, then according to the labeling and packaging, the active substances in these plant protection products are.
- Paraffin oil: insecticide
- Sulfur: fungicidal acaricide
- Betacyfluthrin: Insecticide
- Dimethoate: insecticide, acaricide
- Thiophanate methyl; fungicide
- Tau fluvalinate: tau-fluvalinate
Plant protection products sold are mixed with many substances and active ingredients, and these fulfill the function of pesticide.